This is my current collection of World War II Romanians. Romania has an interesting history in world war II, actually switching sides when the USSR had conquered a big chunk of Romania.
I have painted this army wearing the cotton summer uniform that was green, and it makes a nice variation on the common theme of brown uniformed Romanians. Furthermore, the colour makes using the infantry also suitable for using them as Dutch.
With the addition of some Soviet IS-2 tanks there is a nice variety of companies and support options to choose and I enjoy playing my Romanians in Flames of War immensely.
Miniatures are mostly Battlefront (Flames of War), the 47mm guns are from Skytrex and the Panzerschrecks from Butlers 3d printed miniatures.
 |
Overview
|
 |
Company HQ
|
 |
| 1st Platoon |
 |
| 2nd Platoon |
 |
| 3rd Platoon |
 |
| 47mm AT-Platoon |
 |
| MG Platoon |
 |
| 80mm Mortar Platoon |
 |
| Cavalry Platoon |
 |
| Who doesn't love horses (in WWII) |
 |
| Experimental motorised AT-Platoon (TACAMS T-60) |
 |
| Artillery Battery |
 |
| Howitzer Battery |
 |
| Armoured Car Patrol |
 |
| IS-2 Tank Company |
 |
| IS-2 Flying the flag of Communism |
I have a bit more Romanian stuff that I can paint, but the current collection is enough to keep varying my army composition so there is no great need to work on this currently.
Comments
Post a Comment