A peacefull village in Frisia in the year of our lord 1396

Any wargame needs terrain, and the quality of the terrain has a great impact on the visual appeal of a game. Since my games are mostly just for my own amusement, I can set the standard as high (or as low) as I like. And while I'm not a fast painter and do not have a great amount of time I can dedicate to wargaming I enjoy working on terrain as a palate cleanser.

Below is most of my collection suitable for the medieval period, further details on the make of the stuff follows the pictures.

Overview

Mill

Houses


Visitors

The scenery is from:

  • Church & Windmill: Hovels, lovely simple buildings for a lovely price. 
  • Wooden planked houses, fences & haystacks: By Fire and Sword, very nice characterful buildings with always a little something to draw the eye and for a reasonable price 
  • Roads: Ebay Fat Frank's Wargaming good basic roads available in different sizes.
  • Wooden houses in Anglo-Saxon style: Kallistra quite cheap and basic, paint up nice.




Comments